The Algonquin Wilderness Experience 2017
August 6-12, 2017
The Algonquin Wilderness Experience (AWE) offers students a unique opportunity to learn about God, their teammates and themselves in the natural classroom of God's creation. This happens as students backpack and canoe their way through a portion of the vast trail and waterway system in the deep woods of Algonquin.
To Qualify as part of the AWE team, a student must...
- Be Entering the 10th Grade or higher in the Fall of 2017 (2017 Grads are welcome)
- Complete the AWE Application by March 22nd (found HERE)
- Turn in a $75 non-refundable deposit via cash/check by March 22nd. All payments will be handled via cash/check for this event, rather than online payment. This saves both the church and YOU some money. Checks can be made out to Northridge Church.
- Have an NYM General Medical Release Form on file with NYM
- Be Accepted by NYM Leadership as part of the AWE Team
This experience is very limited in space - we can only bring 21 students maximum. Thus, it is crucial that applications and deposits be submitted promptly. No application will be processed and a spot on this limited trip is not guaranteed until a deposit is received.
The total cost for this event is $350. All payments will be handled via cash/check for this event, rather than online payment. This saves both the church and YOU some money.
In the event that a student is not accepted as part of the team, or the trip fills up, all deposit monies will be returned to those applicants who are unable to attend.
Students and Parents will receive COMPREHENSIVE information about this trip, including what they should bring and expect once they are accepted as team members.