Tanner is a Summer Intern here at Northridge with NYM, and he's been around since May. However, we have never formally introduced him! So, for all those who haven't had the distinct pleasure of making his acquaintance, here is Tanner Rigdon!
This Summer, Tanner's responsibilities include planning and executing ROC MTN, speaking on numerous occasions, helping each week of program run successfully and overseeing some cool project upgrades to the SMC. He's a student at Liberty University (and he has a cool beard).
We asked him a few questions so you could get to know him. Enjoy! When you see him around, make sure you encourage him and thank him for the hard work he's putting in this Summer!
- Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Do you have any siblings? What is your family like?
- I have 2 older brothers. My family is crazy, wild, and awesome. Most of my friends like my parents more than they like me.
- When did you meet Jesus?
- I met Jesus 5 years ago at a Camp called Student Life. That's where I stopped knowing of God and began to actually know God.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- I love drinking coffee, or lounging in good environments. I love eating food! I try and go to the beach. I also enjoy writing and playing music with friends.
- Who is one person that has influenced you more than anyone else? Why is that?
- My best friend Jay has influenced me to hold onto Christ tighter than anything else in this world. He's always seen what I can't see in myself and points me back to my identity, which is a child of God.
- What would you say makes you YOU? What makes you unique?
- This is a tough question, I think my personality makes me, me. I have a gangster side with some redneck in me. ha I think that would make me pretty unique.
- What do you love about Student Ministry?
- I love seeing students take the next step in their faith, no matter if it is an inch or a mile! Students have such a strong impact on society and if they use what God can do through them to reach their friends and families... WOW.. that's what I love!
- What are you learning these days?
- I am learning how to see the people I interact with and walk by on the streets differently. I see who they are in God's eyes rather than there circumstances.
- What is your favorite food?
- Sushi, or Mexican food! If you want to bless a brother, I'll be more than happy to be blessed ;)