Parents of NYM - Facebook Group
Hey Parents! We know we've said it before, but we are convinced that God has given parents the spiritual responsibility of raising kids that love Jesus, not the church (check out Deuteronomy 6 and Ephesians 5-6 for further proof).
However, it is our honor and privilege at NYM to partner with you in that INCREDIBLY SIGNIFICANT calling.
So, in an effort to partner with parents, there are a number of things we do.
- First, we have the website and blog to keep you in the loop.
- Secondly, we have events like BYOP that let you into the experience and CONNECT YOU with your child's SGL (Small Group Leader)
- Thirdly, we try to push resources from time to time that enable you think to Biblically and practically about being a great parent.
However, we want to try ANOTHER resource that might be valuable to you - A Parents of NYM Facebook Group.
Some of the foremost thought leaders on parenting teens... are the people of Northridge Church who are parenting teens! They're sitting in services at your campus on Sunday mornings. They're dropping their kids off on Wednesday nights - and we want to consolidate the wisdom, advice and experience of ALL of our parents.. and we're convinced we're ALL going to be better off if we do.
Purpose of the Group
Just so you know, this is definitely different than our Northridge Youth Ministry Facebook PAGE. That is designed to be the "front door" of our ministry where people who are unconnected with our church can search us out. The Parent Group has a different purpose in mind.
The purpose is really two-fold:
- To give you a consistent forum (that is frequently monitored) where you can ask logistical questions and get quick, accurate answers.
- To give you a place to seek out advice or suggestions on this big journey of parenting teens.
Our website is designed to have all the answers you need, but we know that sometimes you might not be sure where to look. We've got a few NYM Parents that seem to be "on the ball" when it comes to being in the loop, and they'll be monitoring the group for questions that they can answer.
How to Join
Just head to Facebook and type "Parents of NYM" in the Search bar at the top of the page. The group will come up. Click on it, and then click "Join Group." You're done!
Or, you can just click THIS LINK and it will take you directly to the page. Then join the group and you'll be all set!
You can control your notification settings easily right there on the group page.
We'll run this group as an experiment and see if it's helpful. It's just ONE MORE WAY we want to partner with you in raising kids that love Jesus. Thanks for allowing us that privilege!