Flower City Work Camp might still be a few months away, but the volunteer deadline is fast approaching! December 14 is the adult volunteer deadline, and, believe it or not, we're already in December.
FCWC will be April 17-21, 2017.. If you're wondering what FCWC is, you can check out their website right HERE. Student Registration cost will be $135.
Here's the background - Northridge Church does not "run" Flower City Work Camp. It is run by a number of dedicate volunteers who spend their year prepping for this week-long experience. They have arranged a set ratio of Adult Volunteers to Students that must be met if a church wants to participate in this event!
Here's the most important thing to understand - We can only send 4 students for every 1 full-week adult volunteer. Thus, depending on how many full-week volunteers we are able to recruit, we cap the total number of student participants. Thus, there is a possibility that we will not send any students, or just a few.
That's why we are recruiting now. We're hoping to have adults step up for this role!
That link does not "officially" sign you up, it simply indicates your interest. Below, you'll see a full description of the full-week "Site Leader" role. However, there are other jobs that will need to be done! Regardless of your interest level, please click the link so we have a read on the number of students we will be sending.
Here are some potential roles you could play in FCWC:
- Site Leader, Sidewalk Club Leader, Basketball Camp or Soccer Camp Coach
- 1 male and female overnight leader each night
- 1 Volunteer to oversee providing one lunch onsite
- 1 Volunteer to help with clean up on April 1st
- Additional adult volunteers (First aid, food prep, prayer walk, kitchen, showers, etc)
Thank you so much!
Site Leader Information:
Site Leaders are a key part of Work Camp.
Each church is expected to provide one Work Site Leader for each four students the church plans to send to Work Camp. These leaders provide planning, direction and support on Work Sites, while enabling participating students to do the ministry work.
If you are interested in serving as a Site Leader you will be expected to:
1. Attend Flower City Work Camp Monday evening, April 17 through Thursday evening, April 20, 2017
- Meeting your team and attending the leader’s meeting on Monday evening
- Serving as a Work Site Leader during the three working days of Camp (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
- Leaders should be at Home Base no later than 7:30 a.m. and return their team to Home Base by 4:30 p.m. on each of those days.
2. Attend one of two orientation meetings scheduled for February 2017. Work Site Leader teams and Work Sites will be assigned at this time.
3. Work with teenagers and enable the students to do the work, rather than doing the work yourself. You will be given a list of students of various ages, both guys and girls. Your Work Site Team will call the students in advance to welcome them to your team, give them a little information about the site and let them know what tools they should bring.
4. Visit your assigned Work Site to review the work needed, plan the work and submit a Work Site information sheet.
5. Arrange for your crew to have the materials and tools they need. You do not need to be an expert in building or home repair. Any work experience and skill is valuable, but we will do our best to team Work Site Leaders with complementary skills and match them to the Work Site tasks. We will also provide expert resources as consultants whenever needed.