While you were at Church...
This past Sunday, we encouraged all students in 6th-12th grade to head out of the service so you, as parents, could hear THIS message.
(By the way.. if you weren't there.. this IS NOT A SERMON TO MISS!)
But your student was not off the hook! We watched the video below together and then talked about it in smaller groups. We know that parenting is hard, and it's made easier when you have a child who desires to honor God's design in parent/child relationships.
So we gave them some challenges in that direction. Hopefully you get a chance to check out this video and see what sorts of things we challenged your student with in regards to their relationship with YOU!
We're here for you. Let us know if there is anything we could do to help you in this journey of raising kids who love Jesus!
Here are the main ideas we talked about:
- God gave you your parents on purpose - Every family is under God's sovereign control.
- God expects you to obey your parents - This command isn't conditional!
- Your parents aren't going anywhere - The parent/child relationship doesn't end, even after High School! So become friends with your parents.
- You make your parents nervous (and parenting isn't easy) - Parents can be intimidated by their teenagers, and they can feel self-conscious about this new "adult" in the home. Students should show grace to their parents in this difficult phase.
- Your best shot at long-term faith comes through obeying your parents - Students who have a vibrant faith later in life are students who obeyed their parents when they were at home.
(If the video does not display below, just click HERE).