Parent Cue - May 4, 2016
Here's What We're Teaching:
Tonight, we're kicking off a brand-new 3 weeks series called "Know God". Here's the idea behind the series...
Who wouldn’t want to Know God? I mean, if He’s real, He’s the most powerful being in the world. So why wouldn’t someone want to know Him?
But here’s the thing - getting to know Him can be a little different than getting to know your friends, because we can’t sit and play video games with Him or get a cup of coffee.
But what makes getting to Know God so much better than getting to know anyone else is what happens when you get to know God. What happens? You change. From the inside out. True knowledge of who God is changes you forever.
Tonight, we'll be focusing on one aspect of God's Character: His Holiness.
To be holy means to be "separate from sin." And when people in the Bible encounter God in His Holiness... it changes them. They're never the same.
But what does holiness look like in MY life? How am I supposed to be among sinful people but not be sinful? We'll be exploring the fact that Holiness is NOT
- A Fence (it doesn't force us to be far from people who are far from God)
- A Forcefield (it doesn't guarantee we'll stay sinless)
- A Formula (it doesn't always look the same for everyone)
Tonight's Bottom Line: God is Holy - We should be too.
- How would you define the word "holy"?
- When people in the Bible encountered God's holiness, what happened?
- What does it mean to be "in the world, but not of the world"?
- Do you find yourself in situations where maintaining holiness is too hard and you give in?
- What does it mean that we are holy because of Jesus?
- What are some practical ways you can work on becoming more holy this week?
Video to Check Out:
THIS video explains God's holiness really well. It could be fun to watch and discuss with your students.