For those High Schoolers who are still holding out, remember that Snow Camp 2017 is just around the corner (Feb. 17-19), and the deadline for registering is this Friday!
Click HERE to get registered or get all the information you need!
Here's What We're Teaching:
Have you ever walked into the middle of a movie and been confused about the plot? "Who are these characters?" "Why is that girl so mad at the guy?" "How can that llama talk?" All valid questions if you don't know how the story started, or where it's going.
We can fall into the same thing when we read Scripture. If you're like me, sometimes you tend to view the Bible as a collection of a bunch of different books, rather than one continuous story. We can find ourselves in the middle of a story with no idea how it connects to the rest of the Bible, why it's important, or how it affects our lives today.
That's why over the next 8 weeks, we are teaching a series called Continuum, where we want to show students how the Bible is really one big story about Jesus. If you were to ask the question, "What is the Bible really all about?," we want to answer that over the next 8 weeks. So this week, we are starting back at the beginning in Genesis 1, before sin changed everything. Where God and man lived together in paradise. This is the beginning of our story, and it's all about a good God who created a good world to reflect how good he is.
Bottom Line: A world made good reflects a good God's plan.
- How does understanding the backstory or the history of something change your understanding of it in the present? (Maybe share a time you jumped to a conclusion without knowing all the details)
- What does the creation story tell us about God? (Possible answers: He is powerful because he created all things & he is personal because he created mankind to know God)
- Why is it important to know that in the beginning, all things were good? (Possible answers: Because God designed man to be in a relationship with him. He designed the world to work correctly)
- If the beginning was made to be good, why is life so unpredictable, so "not good," now? What changed? (Next week, we'll talk more about SIN and SEPARATION as a result of the Fall)
- Does knowing that God has had a plan since the beginning give you hope for the things you face today? Why or why not?
- (Parent) Maybe share a time when you doubted God, but later realized he was in control the whole time.