We can't believe it's already October! This week we are continuing into week 3 of our series called "We Are NYM"...
We're Teaching this:
This week we will continue our series "We Are NYM". This series is designed to walk students through our five values and show why we do what we do every week. Tonight Graham and Joe will be talking through the value of Grow. Graham will be talking about being "Spiritually fit" while Joe will be talking about how a lot of our spiritual walk is one of steps and not leaps. At NYM we value spiritual growth resulting in individuals becoming increasingly devoted followers of Jesus Christ. We want our student ministry to always be an opportunity for students to connect to God and take next steps. 2 Corinthians 3:18 says, " And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." Our goal for tonight is that students would see that there is always an opportunity to take a next step in growth that ultimately leads them to look more like Jesus.
Bottom Line: We are on the move
- Where/when do you find that you grow spiritually the most? At NYM? Reading the Bible? etc.
- Who helps you grow? (I.e. who pushes you closer to Jesus?)
- How do you help others grow?
- Does it sometimes feel like your "working" for that next step? Does it ever feel like you're just mindlessly checking off "spiritual boxes"? If yes, read Matthew 11:28 together to be reminded of the rest found in Christ.
- What is your next step in your walk with God?
- How can I help you achieve that next step?
BYOP (Bring Your Own Parent) is coming up next week (October 11, 6:30-8:30 PM)! This is an amazing opportunity for you to see what your students are up to every single week at NYM. We will get more information out to you next week, but here are some things to expect:
1. There will be a Parent Lounge located in starting point open for parents of students for the first 30 minutes of program (6:30-7:00 PM). This will allow you to connect with other parents and grab some pizza. Feel free to jump in on any games going on in the gym or carpet ball in the lobby throughout this time as well!
2. At 7:00 PM, we will all go into the SMC for a time of worship.
3. Afterwards, there will be a time of teaching. While your students are being taught, there will be an orientation style session amongst all of the parents. This time is meant to go over what NYM is all about and some of the upcoming events on the calendar.
4. You will also have a chance to meet your student's Small Group Leader. This time is SO valuable and we're excited to see you connect with our rock star SGL's.
Thanks so much for everything!