We are wrapping up our series called Plot Twist tonight. But before we do that, here are some announcements for you to know about!
Next Week: No NYM
NYM will not be meeting next Wednesday, November 22 for Thanksgiving! We'll see you at Party Night on the 29th!
...speaking of Party Night...
Our Party Night on November 29 will feature a concert from our friends, AC.jR & BradyJames. They are a traveling ministry team from Word of Life Bible Institute, and have opened for Christian hip-hop artists Propaganda & Tedashii. You can check out their website HERE.
More importantly than that, Anthony & Brady are class-act guys and personal friends of Justin & Devin, so we are excited to have them! We hope our students will have an awesome experience where they can hear great music from godly guys.
This is an easy invite opportunity for students who have never been to NYM - I mean, who doesn't want to go to a concert? We'd love for students to bring their friends and help them get connected to NYM.
Also, be on the lookout for Snow Camp Information coming out this Monday. We'll get you all the details for both camps!
Now, for tonight...
We're Teaching This
We've all experienced what it's like to miss out on fun opportunities, and social media doesn't always help. Sure, it's cool to see what your friends are up to, but what happens when you see them posting about that awesome party you weren't invited to? Or when your friends all go out to a movie and you had to stay home and do homework? FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) affects everyone, but tonight, we're going to look at what the Bible says about it in Philippians 4, where Paul writes "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation," (Phil 4:12).
What does it mean for us to be content in every circumstance? What does the Bible say about contentment? How do we get there? We're excited for students to see God as the real source of contentment, because as Christians, whether we go or whether we stay, God is with us either way.
Bottom Line: Because God is with me, I'll be okay either way.
- What is FOMO? How would you explain it?
- What’s one thing you’ve seen on social media that made you feel a FOMO (Fear Of Mission Out)?
- What do you wish was different about your circumstances right now?
- What’s one area of your life where you feel like you’re missing out? How would you view that area differently if you learned to be more content?
- Read Philippians 4:11-13. How does it comfort you knowing that ultimate contentment is found in God?
- What’s one way you can remind yourself this week that God is with you in all areas?