We're Teaching This:
We are reaching the end of our Christmas series, and this week, we need your help more than ever! Wednesday night, we're going to be looking at the question, "What if Jesus came not only to forgive your sin, but to free you from your sin?" (Rom 6:23)
Bottom Line: Christmas is for people who need freedom
And we all need freedom from the power of sin. Romans 6 reminds us that everyone who does not know Jesus is a slave to their sin - in fact, they can't do what is right unless God changes their heart. But the hope of the gospel is that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Rom 5:8), and in His death & resurrection, we can experience freedom.
- What does a life "lived to the fullest" look like?
- What did Jesus mean when He said we could live "life to the fullest"?
- Does your "life to the fullest" and Jesus's "life to the fullest" look different sometimes? Why do you think that is?
- How can you align with the freedom and "life to the fullest" that God offers in Jesus?
- What steps do you want to take this week to live out that freedom in Christ?
- Pray for a student who may be experiencing a bondage-to-sin issue...
- Pray for a student who feels trapped in a bad family situation...
- Pray for a student who doesn't know Jesus yet, that they would experience true freedom in the cross...
- Pray for our communicators (Justin & Joe) to present the gospel clearly so that students can experience the freedom only God can bring.