We are so excited about beginning our Christmas series entitled, "Who Needs Christmas?" This series is going to walk us through 3 weeks of looking at the history leading up to Christmas, showing us our need for Christmas, and showing us that Christmas was the catalyst that would bring freedom in God's plan to make things right.
We're Teaching This:
Tonight we will be looking at History found in Scripture that led up to the manger. God's plan to make the world right has been in effect all throughout the ages. As History continued to unfold, people consistently looked for a Messiah (anointed one). God promised, and people continued to search. Yet, the Messiah seemed to be absent. God seemed to be silent. But God was NOT silent! At just the right time, Christ came. Christmas was simply the opening act of this miraculous plan to offer salvation to mankind! As Matt Snyder speaks to High School and Joe Ferrante speaks to Middle School, pray that the Lord would speak to our students in a new way and the outcome would be for His glory!
Bottom Line: The Entire World Needs Christmas.
- What excites you most about Christmas? Why?
- What is the greatest gift you've ever received on Christmas?
- We often hear, "Everything happens for a reason." Does knowing that God was in control and active all throughout history leading up to Christmas affirm that statement?
- Does God make everything in life happen for a reason? (Read Rom. 8:28)
- How does it comfort you knowing that God is in control of your past, present, and future?
- God gave the greatest most and most precious gift to spark the first Christmas. What can we give as a family this Christmas season that keeps our minds on God's amazing gift of Jesus?