Hopefully you found yesterday's resource helpful (and we'll have another one coming on Friday).
If you haven't registered for our Blurred Lines Parent Event (happening next week with Andy and Julie Woodall), click HERE to let us know you're coming, or to get more information.
Here's What We're Teaching:
In Middle School, we'll be encouraging your students to think of this phase of life as the "off season" when it comes to relationships. Since High School will be focusing on how to be sexually pure in dating relationships, we'll be zeroing in on how to pursue purity in the "off-season" so that we are set up for success when the time is right.
In High School, we'll be encouraging your students to consider that perhaps waiting to get through high school before getting into dating relationships is a good idea... but on the assumption that many of them will choose to date now (or in the near future), we'll be talking through God's perspective on purity in relationships and practical tips of how to honor God while dating.
The Bottom Line: Purity paves the way to intimacy.
- Do you have a crush on anyone right now? Who do you think might have a crush on you?
- What do you think about dating at your age? (We reminded them that no matter what their personal opinion on dating, what their parents think is what matters! You could use this as an opportunity to explain more of the "why" behind your family's position)
- Why do you think Purity (living life without lust) paves the way to intimacy?
- Do you think the Bible's standard on sexuality is strict? Reasonable? Weird? Ideal?
- What's the hardest part about honoring God with your purity in this stage of life?
- How can I help?
- Parent: Share about your struggles through sexuality.. your victories (and defeats) could hold great hope and inspiration for your child. Chances are, they think you "wouldn't understand" what they're feeling, but you were in Middle School/High School once!