We're Teaching This:
In both Fusion and Nitro, we'll be talking about some of the practical elements of money management. Since money is something that God provides as a tool to be used, how should we use it?
We'll be encouraging students to think about SAVING, GIVING and SPENDING. One of the "budgeting models" we will propose to students is to think 10/10/80.
By this we mean, when students receive money they should of GIVING 10%, SAVING 10% (or more) and having the remaining 80% as something that can be used to accomplish their goals (even if their goal is buying candy). When we start with what matters most (generosity and wise planning), we are much better able to ENJOY the finances God provides us with - and the guilt that comes from over-spending or spending unwisely goes away as we live within the means that God provides.
- What's your plan for the money that you have?
- Why do you think it's important to have a plan for money?
- Why does setting aside money to be GENEROUS and to SAVE as the FIRST STEP make such a big difference?
- Who is someone in your life that seems to manage money well?
- Parent: Discuss your plan for money with your student. IF you don't have one, we highly recommend you get one. Click HERE for the best resource we know of on this issue.