No NYM This Week
There is no NYM this week. We are working hard and gearing up to launch big this Fall! Over the summer, we saw God up to some awesome things: relationships being formed, students making commitments at camps, and over 70 new students attending NYM over the summer. Thank you for partnering and praying with us -- we can't wait to see what God's going to keep doing this fall!
Okay, so what's going on over the next two weeks then?
Here's what the next few weeks will look like for us:
- August 30: No NYM - We're using this week to get ahead on our fall program, finalize calendar details (we'll be sharing our 2017-18 calendar with you shortly), and get prepared for our NYM Staff Training
- September 6: No NYM - NYM Staff Training - Why two weeks off? We're using this time to train our adult leaders for the upcoming year. God has brought us some new faces, and well as veteran leaders who will be leading your students. We value training these leaders because we believe the best way for a student to know God is to know someone who knows God, and for the next year, that someone, we hope is your student's SGL. We're going to use that time to invest in them so they can invest in your students.
- September 13: FALL KICK OFF! The moment we are all waiting for: NYM will be back to regularly scheduled programming on Wednesday nights September 13. Students will meet their small group leaders and be introduced to our programming for the school year!
How you can help!
Thank you so much for partnering with us and trusting us to lead your students: we couldn't do it without your help and your prayers. At the beginning of the summer, we asked you to be praying for us in as Graham and I lead through transition and build relationships with our students and leaders, all in an effort to help them develop a growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our vision is to see more students become more like Jesus as a result of attending NYM, and we would love for you to be praying for that very thing with us!
Here are some ways you can be praying for us over the coming weeks:
- Pray for our staff training on September 6 - we have an awesome group of leaders we believe are going to have a huge impact in your students lives
- Pray for our gym renovations as we seek to upgrade that environment for our middle schoolers this year!
- Pray for our Fall Kickoff on September 13 - we are praying students will be excited to grow in their faith this year and invite their friends to come out that night!
- Most of all, pray that we see students making their faith their own and taking next steps to grow in their knowledge and love of the gospel. That's why we do what we do!
We love partnering with you and hope you'll be praying with us over these next two weeks.