We're Teaching This:
We're continuing the second week of our series, GAINZ. This series is all about looking at what God's word says about how to build spiritual muscle in our lives. Many times, we have the opportunity to trust God or trust ourselves. This week, Justin and Joe will be teaching out of Matthew 4:5-7 to see how Jesus reacted by trusting God instead of testing God when tempted by Satan.
Bottom Line: Trusting God is Better Than Testing God
- When praying, what are some of the things that you ask God for?
- What does it mean to "test" God?
- Have you found yourself "testing" God in the way that you pray?
- Can you think of a time in your life when you trusted God with something more than ever? How did that make you feel?
- What areas of your life do you need to trust God with?
- How can I be praying for this specific area of trust this week?