We're Teaching This:
We're finishing our final week of our GAINZ series where we've been talking about how we, as Christ followers, can build spiritual muscle. We've looked at the life of Jesus and examined some of the ways he fought temptation in Matthew 4. Some of these ways included: memorizing Scripture and trusting God whole-heartedly. Tonight we'll be looking at Jesus's response to Satan when Satan asked Jesus to bow down and worship him. Plus, We get the opportunity to hear from one of our very own Small Group Leaders: Antoine Evans! Antoine is one of the leaders for our 9th grade guys group and is passionate about living a life full of Worship to the Lord. We've had the opportunity to hear what he is teaching on beforehand and, we've got to say, we're pumped! Justin will be teaching our Middle School students as well!
Bottom Line: What you feed grows, what you starve dies.
- Have you ever been tempted to take a short cut to get something you wanted?
- Does this mentality ever show up in your faith?
- Why do you think that is?
- What does it mean to worship God?
- How can worshiping God keep us on guard from temptation and shortcuts?
- What have you been feeding lately that you need to starve?
- How can I help/pray for you this week to make that happen?