Last Call for HS Snow Camp
We extended the deadline!
After realizing we didn't let you know on the day before the deadline for registration (Feb. 9) like we usually do, we decided to open up HS Snow Camp for one final chance!
We want your high school student to join us for Snow Camp! To register, click the button below.
We're Teaching This:
Sadly, we were not able to hear from Josh Horn last week on the topic of empowering the poor. However, he'll be sharing with us next week (2/21) for a combined talk (6-12th grade) in the SMC. We can't wait!
This week, we'll be looking to see what Scripture says about loving the lonely. Before we address the question of, "How do we love the lonely?" we have to ask the question, "How did Jesus love the lonely?" We'll see that he loved the lonely without reservation and we are called to do the same. We'll look specifically at the topic of relational loneliness and remind our students that we don't do life alone at NYM.
Bottom Line: We love without reservation.
- Tell me about a time in your life when you felt alone? What made you feel that way?
- In what situations, if any, do you find yourself feeling relationally alone?
- When feeling alone, do you tend to isolate yourself or seek approval in other ways?
- How can knowing that Jesus is the way to genuine rest encourage you if you start to feel alone and restless?
- What steps can you take this week to love the lonely around you?
- How can I help?