We're Teaching this:
This week, we'll have the opportunity to hear from our Director of Outreach here at Northridge Church, Josh Horn. Josh will be sharing with us about God's heart for the marginalized and impoverished. Josh will challenge us to change the way we think about poverty and reach out to those who are impoverished in our sphere of influence. This talk was supposed to take place two weeks ago, but was postponed due to the winter storm. Needless to say, we can't wait! This will be a combined talk (6th-12th grade) in the SMC.
Bottom Line: It's all about relationships.
- What image comes to your head when you think of poverty?
- What would you say is the best way to help those who are living in poverty?
- Josh talked about the reality that relational poverty is at the core of this problem, and this relational poverty is something that we all experience at some level. What is the answer to this broken relational poverty that all people experience?
- Read 2 Corinthians 8:9. How does this verse encourage us with the poverty alleviation that God provided in Christ?
- Who do you know that experiences relational poverty in their life?
- How are you going to go out of your way to invite them into a friendship with you this week?
- How can I pray, help, and cheer you on as you take that next step?