We're Teaching This:
We'll be starting our new series called Divine Direction THIS WEEK! This series tackles the subject of God's will: How do we know it? What do we do when we figure it out?
This week we will be talking about the power to become. God is much more concerned about WHO we are becoming rather than what we are going to be DOING with our lives. If we become the right person, we'll do the right thing. Proverbs 16:2 says, "All a person's ways seem pure to them, but the motives are weighed by the LORD." God cares about WHY we're doing WHAT we're doing and judges the thoughts and attitudes of our hearts. If we're becoming the right who, God help us choose the right do and if we're motivated by the right why, He will lead us to the right what. We can't wait to jump into this series!
This series is based on Craig Groeschel's book entitled Divine Direction. It's an incredibly practical and helpful book on a seemingly confusing topic. Click on the button below and you can buy it for $5! This could be a helpful resource as you pray and prepare to shepherd your students through these discussions.
Bottom Line: God cares about: WHO before DO and WHY before WHAT.
- If you could be anything/do anything in the world and you knew that you wouldn't fail, what would you be/do?
- Have you ever been fearful about the future? Why?
- What do you think about when you think of "God's will"?
- How do you know when you're living in or out of God's will?
- How does the truth that seeking God daily IS living in God's will comfort you as you look to the future?
- How can you seek who God wants you to become this week?
- Do you have any questions about how I've followed God's will throughout my life?