We're Teaching This:
This week, we'll be continuing our series called Gray: A Biblical Perspective on Sex & Sexuality. We'll be tackling a tense subject: what the Bible says about Homosexuality and the LGBT community. These topics are things that have become increasingly prevalent in our society and we want to make sure we're equipping our students to think through them with a Biblical framework. Building upon the foundation of God's design for sexual identity, and seeing that purity paves the way to intimacy, we want our students to understand that actively pursuing and practicing Homosexuality and Transgenderism is outside of God's design for sexual identity and purity. However, as Christ followers, we are not to treat the people who struggle with these things as problems or issues. Rather, we treat them as a person for whom Christ died and we are called to love them with an understanding that we, too, are broken and in need of God's grace.
Bottom Line: Love Like Jesus.
- Do you have any friends who are pursuing Homosexuality or Transgenderism? What do you think about it?
- Do you tend to lean towards speaking the truth with little or no compassion, or speaking compassion with little or no truth? Why?
- How can you love like Jesus loved while still speaking the truth lovingly?
- Is there anyone who you know that is struggling with these things and could use a friend?
- How are you going to go out of your way this week to love that person like Jesus loves?
- Do you have any questions about these topics that you want to ask me?