We're Teaching This:
We'll be wrapping up our series called Divine Direction. This week we'll be talking about having faith to start. One of the most difficult things in wanting to follow God's will for our lives is not knowing where to start with what He's calling us to do! Even if we do know where/what He is calling us to do, one of the hardest things is actually going through with it. We'll be diving into the life of Nehemiah to see the divine burden that God laid on his heart that led him in the divine direction of rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem for God's glory.
Bottom Line: In order to have faith to start, we must first have a Divine Burden for God's glory.
- How would you define a divine burden?
- Have you ever had (or do you have) a divine burden for something God's put on your heart? (Poverty/Racial Reconciliation/Excercise/Ministry/Being a Teacher etc.)
- What's the biggest thing holding you back from starting whatever it is God has laid on your heart?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:31. How does knowing this truth free you to pursue your dreams?
- Read Proverbs 19:21. How does knowing this truth free you from worrying excessively about pursuing your dreams?
- How can you take a small step this week in order to have faith to step towards the divine direction that God is leading you to take?