We're teaching this:
This week, we'll be jumping into the second week of our series called Essentials. This week is based out of Galatians 2 where Paul admonishes Peter to socially live out the truth of the Gospel. Peter was withdrawing from hanging out with Gentile Christians in order to keep a good rapport with his Jewish brothers. Paul writes, "When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the Gospel, I said to Cephas [Peter] in front of them all...". Paul goes on to explain his reprimand of Peter in detail--Which challenges all of us to love everyone without reservation! We'll be challenging your students to watch their step as they seek to live out the truth of the Gospel in their schools and neighborhoods!
Bottom Line: We can't please God, but we can trust in the one who can.
- Why can it be hard to live out your faith around friends who don't know Christ?
- Have you ever found yourself being two completely different people at church and school? How has that gone?
- In what areas of your life are you not representing the Gospel well to your friends?
- How can you be realigned to reflect Christ this week?
- What are some practical things you can do to "watch your step" as you seek to represent the gospel truth in your school/neighborhood?
- Read Joshua 1:9. How can this encourage you to boldly proclaim the full truth of God's good news?