We're Teaching This:
We'll be continuing our series called Divine Direction. This week we'll be talking about using wisdom to discern. Oftentimes, God won't show us exactly what to do when it comes to our next step in the decision making process. Instead, He will give us wisdom to decide. Based out of Proverbs 2:1-6, we'll be walking through 3 practical ways to help us make godly and wise decisions: 1) Remember God's Word (2:1) 2) Ask God and godly people (2:2-4; James 1:5) and finally 3) Decide (2:5-6; 1 Thes. 3:1).
Bottom Line: Oftentimes, God doesn't show us what to do. He gives us wisdom to decide.
- What's the first thing you do when met with a difficult decision?
- Have you ever said, "God show me what to do!"? What do you do if He doesn't seem to make it clear?
- Solomon is labeled as one of the wisest people to ever live--How did he attain this wisdom?
- How does Solomon encourage us to seek wisdom in Proverbs 2:1-6?
- What are some practical ways you can Remember God's Word, Ask Him and other people about making a godly decision, and make a godly decision this week?
- Who are you spending time with on a regular basis that is not pushing you towards godly wisdom? What are you going to do about that?
- Who are you not spending time with on a regular basis that can push you towards godly wisdom? What are you going to do about that?