We're Teaching This:
This week, we're jumping back into our series called Essentials: a Study in the Book of Galatians. We'll be looking specifically at chapter 3 where Paul begins the chapter by saying, "You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you?" He goes into passionate detail about the fact that salvation is by grace through FAITH. For those who have faith are blessed, and those who seek to rely on works of their own are cursed. Paul tells the Galatians what the real purpose of the law was: To be our guardian until Christ.
We'll be challenging our students to trust in Christ's work on the Cross through faith instead of relying on their own works to earn God's favor.
Bottom Line: The Law served its purpose, that purpose is Jesus.
- What is "the law" that Paul talked about in Galatians?
- Are we still under that law today?
- What does it look like to seek righteousness through "the law" in today's culture?
- Have you ever found yourself feeling righteous before God because of things you do for Him?
- How does the justification that we find in Christ eliminate our need for striving and working for our salvation on our own?
- How can you rely on the Gospel instead of your own efforts this week?