Middle School ROC MTN is TOMORROW!!!
We are so excited to be taking our Middle School Students to ROC MTN for a retreat!!!
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Student Drop-Off: Friday June 29th, 9:00 am @ Irondequoit Campus
- Student Pick-Up: Sunday, July 1st, 5:00 PM @ Irondequoit Campus (If anything changes we'll let you know)
- If you still need to pay your remaining balance you can pay HERE
- Merch will be available for your students at registration. CASH ONLY
- A Bible
- A Notebook
- A Pen
- Stuff for Swimming (including a towel) and Outdoor Activities
- Stuff for Messy Games (Some clothes you REALLY don't care about)
- Stuff for Sleeping (Pillows, Sleeping Bags, etc)
- Stuff for Cleaning Up (Toiletries, Towel, etc)
- Extra Money (1 meal on the road to ROC MTN, snack shack at camp)
- A Flashlight
WHAT WE'RE TEACHING:
When you were a kid, you probably had to be reminded to share some things. Your toys. Your cookies. Your video games. But learning to share isn’t just for kids. Jesus had to remind His followers to share a few things, too. This weekend, Nate Logan will be exploring passages from the Gospels and the Book of Acts through the lens of community. We’ll look at one passage about Jesus and one story about how some of His first followers put His teachings into practice in the days of the early Church. Our hope is to challenge your students to better love and care for each other by sharing what they have: their stuff, their lives, and their stories, not just at camp but even when they get home.
Pray for Nate and our small group leaders who will be challenging students to think about what God is doing in their lives and encouraging them to respond in a way that pleases God.
We'll be posting some updates throughout the weekend, so keep an eye on the blog and Facebook.