High School ROC MTN is TOMORROW!!!
Tomorrow we leave for our summer ROC MTN retreat and we're stoked for what God is going to do!!
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Student Drop-Off: Friday July 6th, 9:00 am @ Irondequoit Campus
- Student Pick-Up: Sunday, July 8th, 5:00 PM @ Irondequoit Campus (If anything changes we'll let you know)
- If you still need to pay your remaining balance you can pay HERE
- Merch will be available for your students at registration. CASH ONLY
- A Bible
- A Notebook
- A Pen
- Stuff for Swimming (including a towel) and Outdoor Activities
- Stuff for Messy Games (Some clothes you REALLY don't care about)
- Stuff for Sleeping (Pillows, Sleeping Bags, etc)
- Stuff for Cleaning Up (Toiletries, Towel, etc)
- Extra Money (1 meal on the road to ROC MTN, snack shack at camp)
- A Flashlight
What We're TEACHING:
This weekend, Mike Weston will be teaching our high school students about three men who lived their lives to be more like Jesus by sharing, from the books of Acts. Barnabas who taught us sharing what he had shows people are more important than stuff. Philip, who teaches us that by sharing our lives we can impact the eternity of others. Concluding with, Paul's experience and how it shows us how sharing our story encourages God's story in others.
Our hope is to challenge your students to better love and care for each other by sharing what they have: their stuff, their lives, and their stories, not just at camp but even when they get home.
Pray for Mike and our small group leaders who will be challenging students to think about what God is doing in their lives and encouraging them to respond in a way that pleases God.
We'll be posting some updates throughout the weekend, so keep an eye on the blog and Facebook.